Thursday, December 06, 2007

What Message are We Sending Little Girls?

I had to purchase some Bratz dolls for my Bona Buddy for the holiday. Bona Buddy is like the Big Brother, Big Sister program but we reach out to our community at SBU.

Have you seen these Bratz dolls?

They are whores.

I had to buy a Bratz doll for a 7-year old! Seven!

I went to Wal-Mart, one of my least favorite places, but it's the only place I know in Olean that would sell these damn dolls. I do my usual wander about because I don't really know what I am looking for. That's an advantage of not having kids - I don't have to shop in the toy department at Wal-Mart.

I see these dolls with their big Angelina lips, makeup, droopy drug-using eyes, skimpy tops, and tube tops for skirts. It is obscene! At least my Barbie had clothes that covered her up. Yeah, so she had giant breasts and wore high heels everywhere, she was the girl next door!

So in addition to the role models of today (aka, Britney, Lindsay, et al), we have Bratz dolls that mimic them. Yuck!

And people wonder why I don't want kids.....

And I have never been accused of being conservative or prudish.

2 comments:

Silbs said...

I hear you...that's where good parenting comes in.

Silbs said...

Ironic? Perhaps it is folks like yourself who have good basic values that should be having the kids. Hmmn.