Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Alli and booze in a tube

I often joke that I would love it if booze came in drink boxes. It would be wonderful if I could sit in front of my classroom sucking a magic elixir from a drink box with a straw. Why should tots have all the fun?

Well! My day has come!

I was just reading an article about booze in little Capri Sun type containers. Brilliant! They call them "pocket shots." "These pouches look like Capri Suns - but are filled with whiskey, gin, rum, or tequila." (from Women's Health, January/February 2008).

It makes me want to race out to find the little beasts!

Another note - what is up with this FDA approved Alli? It's some weight loss pill, I think. Not sure if it's a pill or not. I had a good friend try it (she reads this blog regularly, so I will be kind) and she told me about the side effects.

Let me tell you what side effects are. Side effects may include the following:
-headache
-dizziness
-nausea
-inability to operate heavy machinery
-shitting your pants without notice

I slipped that last one in to make a point. That is not a side effect. Side effects shouldn't prevent you from going about the business of your day. If I have to worry about where the nearest loo is, we have a problem. I don't want to be forced to wear dark pants all the time in case I have a little surprise!

Who takes this drug? What's funny is that in order for it to work properly, you need to eat less and work out. Um, that sounds like the ordinary prescription for weight loss - without the pesky side effect.

Good lord.

What's worse - I bet you can't suck on a pocket shot with Alli.

No comments: