Wednesday, June 22, 2011

10 Thoughts on Whole Living - June 2011

This advice is courtesy of Whole Living Magazine.  This magazine is one of my favorites.  In fact, when I get my 4,027 magazines (that number is a slight exaggeration) each month, I go through them and put them in order of type of magazine and then I read them from my least favorite to favorite.  This one is always one of the last magazines I read.

Don't judge me based on some screwed up magazine reading algorithm I've devised.  Judge me based on how sassy I am.  But I digress.

Each month, the magazine lists 10 Thoughts On Whole Living.  Often I rip out the page and post it at my desk for a bit.  Here is June 2011's list:
  1. Rather than try to fix your body, focus on how you want it to feel.
  2. The mark of true confidence is the ability to look someone in the eye.
  3. Let the seasons guide your diet.  The Earth grows what you need, when you need it.
  4. Respect your feet.  They've mastered the art of staying grounded while moving forward.
  5. Take charge of your own reflection: stop letting the mirror win.
  6. Enlightenment doesn't always make a grand entrance.  It slowly transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary.
  7. Change happens somewhere between the acceptance of now and the anticipation of what's to come.
  8. Don't obsess over weight loss.  Wellness is about making your life bigger, not smaller.
  9. Surprise yourself: push past your physical limits.
  10. Nothing connects you to who you are quite like the people who knew you when.
I love this list!  I try to let the seasons guide my diet.  Anyone who has ever eaten a strawberry from a local farmer and then had one packaged in the supermarket knows the value of eating in season!

I do try to focus on how I feel.  I have been making an effort to live and eat better.  It is amazing to me how wonderful that feels!  If I could just remember that feeling when I decide I must have a huge burger with fries and an ice cream sundae.

I try to push past my physical limits.  Hell, I ran a marathon.  That was WAY past my physical limits.

I've maimed or killed all the people who knew me when.

No comments: