Monday, June 20, 2011

It's a hot one

I didn't think it would be so hot this morning.  I thought I could get in a run before the heat of the day kicked in.  It could be that I am a giant wimp.  I ran for 40 minutes today.  Covered not too much territory.  Ran a usual route - to the end of West Main Street and back.

I am beat.

I did lose 1.6 pounds last week.  That's good!  I am on my way!

And now I am on campus (St. Bonaventure University) for a very important meeting.  Then I have a funeral.  Good times at my place!  I am having dinner with a very good friend after the funeral.  It has gotten to the point that I am now going to the funerals of friends.  I don't care for it.  I also don't care for the fact that my black skirt is tighter than it should be.  Granted, I am going to a funeral.  My skirt fitting is not the biggest problem here.  Losing a friend is a problem.  Sometimes I say these things to deflect some of the sadness and anger I feel.

I worked with Betty when I was at Mercy Hospital.  She was one of the sweetest, kindest, nicest women.  She will be missed.  I will certainly keep her husband and daughter in my thoughts.

No comments: