Sunday, January 01, 2012

National Take a Hike Day!

Happy New Year!

I read somewhere that Jan. 1 is National Take a Hike Day.  After doing more extensive research (Google search), I found that National Take a Hike Day is in November.  No matter, ignorance was bliss and it seemed a good way to start the new year.

Jamie and I went for a hike on the Foothills Conservation Trail near Darien Lake State Park up the street from us.  We took the dogs.

It should be noted that we have had the most screwed up winter weather.  Actually, we have not had winter weather.  It had rained nearly all of last week so the trails were muddy and slippery.  I don't think I need to say how that makes for an adventurous hike with dogs.

We slid around and got muddy. Then it started to rain.  Good times.  We know how to ring in the new year.

That said, though, the trail is quite beautiful.  Cocoa needs to be carried across water barriers and Maggie flops her way through and makes a huge mess.  Good thing clean isn't what we were going for.

I said that we have to return when the trail is snow covered.  And we have to bring the camera.

No comments: