Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Where's Pearl?

I do plan to talk about the individual places we visited as noted below:

  • Milwaukee (my new favorite city, great small city)
  • Corn Palace (the world's only corn palace)
  • Badlands, SD (one of my new favorite National Parks)
  • Mt. Rushmore and Black Hills, SD (hotter than....well, it was hot)
  • Montana (Glacier National Park, Nevada and Virginia cities - all fabulous)
  • Yellowstone National Park (too crowded for me)
  • Grand Teton National Park (just stunning)
I thought it might be nice to highlight some of the pictures of Pearl.  When we dropped her off at home this past Saturday she said, "I loved every minute of this trip. Where are we going next?"  This trip was very much about her and we were happy to have spent this time with her.  Some of her highlights.....

Pearl with the Fonz in Milwaukee on the River Walk path.

Pearl with 'Corn'elia at the world's only Corn Palace in South Dakota.

Need more be said? In South Dakota

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, when you play cards with Poker Alice.
At Wall Drugs in SD.

At the New York State column at Mt. Rushmore.


Pearl and Jamie in Glacier National Park.


Nevada City just before we boarded the train.

We tried to take a selfie with mom as we sat on the train between Nevada and Virginia cities, MT.
We told her she had to step it up.  This face wasn't going to cut it.

So she did.

In Yellowstone National Park overlooking the canyon.

In Yellowstone National Park overlooking Mammoth Hot Springs.

Rubbing the "beard" of a moose in Grand Teton National Park.
Pearl is normally camera shy.  She never poses for pictures.  I was lucky to have these shots to commemorate the trip.  Also, she was quite bossy ordering me to "take a picture of this," "take a picture of that, Pauline."  I was happy to oblige.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see your Mom. She is a lot like a remember her. Well, maybe a little older now, but very much the same. I love reading your posts. My husbad loves your "Pearls of Wisdom" even though he does not know you. - Shannon