Tuesday, April 05, 2005

SelfDay

Today is SelfDay. If you are a reader of Self Magazine, that means something to you. If not, in a nutshell it means that you should take today to take care of yourself.

Easier said than done which is exactly why everyone needs such a day.

I am wonderfully self-employed which means that I don't have a dime to my name. It also means that if I choose, I can take the entire day to myself to do something wonderful. What am I going to do? Grade papers for my class and work on Wild Mountain Organics. Does that qualify as taking care of myself? Actually, yes. I have finally found something that is so incredibly fulfilling that "working" has now become something I look forward to. I enjoy spending time at my computer, on the phone, making products, trying to promote me. It's wonderful thinking that this is all going to benefit me directly. Not some corporate giant or some idiotic little man. But me.

And as odd as it sounds, this Blog affords me an opportunity to write just for me. Not that anything on here so far has been earth-shattering, but I haven't written for me in years and I have sorely missed it. This is just allowing me to get my feet wet and jump back in. I love it.

Of course, I should take time for a run since today is beautiful out. It is also nice that the snow we got over the weekend - surprise - it's April - is melting and my blooms are visible once again. I live in a little town/village that I never expected to return to and I love that also. I enjoy running/walking/cycling down the streets, looking around at other charismatic homes inventing stories that may someday see the light of day. What fun.

Why didn't I do this sooner? Fear, no money, expectations. I've tossed them all away and have started fresh and haven't looked back.

I think that is the epitome of SelfDay. I encourage everyone to find their passion - not just today but everyday.

And if you feel like pampering yourself, why not try some Wild Mountain Organics? In addition to wonderful body polishes that you can use in a tub or shower (use the tub today), why not treat yourself to a facial with our Facial Polish? For more details, visit us at the link to the right.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I read Self! I'm doing the self challenge!!! Wheeee