Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spring has Sprung

I am torn. I am a bit sad that my daily treks to the Southern Tier end in a couple of weeks, but also quite happy since the price of gas is getting to be more than my salary!

Spring has arrived! Every time we enter a new season, I claim it as my favorite (although if forced, I still say fall is THE favorite).

Everything is green. And a green that is almost beyond description. Trees are starting to bud, flowers are blooming, trees are blossoming, birds are about (and pooping), worms are crawling on my drive and walkways. And I am not bothered by the worms.

I also love the scent of spring. In addition to the flowers, you have the grass. I also enjoy the anal among us who must mow their lawns now! The smell of fresh cut grass is heavenly. I cut some hyacinths and put them in a vase in my kitchen. The scent is divine! I can't wait for my lilacs now!

I saw several turkeys on my drive down. Contrary to common portrayal, turkeys are actually quite stunning birds. Their colors are impressive and subdued. They are rather graceful beasts. They are also a fabulous dinner (but that isn't in keeping with the beauty of nature I am describing).

Right now, spring is my favorite time of year. Rhubarb will be coming as will asparagus. Then the floodgates open for the bounty of the farm. Woo Hoo!

No comments: