Saturday, March 15, 2008

Buy a Boy

Only in the South does this happen. I know I am stereotyping, but try to argue with me.

My sister lives in Charlotte, which can't really be considered the South anymore because more people from Western New York live there than not, I would guess. It's like a suburb of Buffalo, really.

At any rate, she is trying to get some yard work done. She has some people in the neighborhood willing to help with felling of trees, cutting of wood, rolling of lawn, etc.

Today she calls me to shoot the shit. We haven't talked in about two days which is quite unusual for the two of us. She tells me that one of the neighbors comes over with a dude he bought at a church function.

Oh yes, you read that correctly. Dude he bought at a church function.

Actually, I guess this wasn't the actual dude purchased. The dude who showed up to do the work was a friend of the bought boy.

In defense of this church, I guess they hold this auction each year to raise money for the church. I've heard of bachelor auctions and such. But buy a boy? Teen boys auction themselves off for charity. They are then expected to report to the home of the purchaser and do whatever odd chores might be needed.

Why didn't the Catholic Church think of this?

Perhaps Spitzer could use that as his defense? I just bought a bitch. I then had her do odd chores for me.

Nah.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I think you may be onto something really, really big here. It might even give churches a reason to exist! Imagine the possibilities...