Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Take Five - Five Exercises you need to do to Farm

This Take Five is two days late.  Why?  I was gardening on Sunday and that is some hard work!  My back hurt, my ass hurt, my arms hurt, my legs hurt.

Now you can attribute that to the fact that I am grossly out of shape, old and fat, or it could be because I didn't "train" appropriately.

Five exercises you must do in order to garden with out pain (keep in mind that I've not tried this but my Spidey senses tell me it is true).

One: Squats.  You are squatting down to pull weeds or squatting down to plant seeds, or plants.  Squats are necessary for your legs and butt.

Two: Push-ups.  This may seem odd, but if you think about raking and hoeing, the push-up action makes sense.

Three: Squat Thrusts (I think they are called Burpees now.  We called them Squat Thrusts in the day.).  In addition to squats, these are the next step in digging, weeding, planting.

Four: Bicep curls. This works for lifting soil, mulch, compost, water buckets, heavy plants (not sure what plant is so heavy it would require bicep curls, but a flat of plants might).

Five: Corpse Pose.  There is nothing better than finishing your yard work, taking a shower and laying on your back.  This can be on the grass, on the floor, on the bed, in a hammock.  You choose.

No comments: