Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Weekend Update

I know it's Wednesday and everyone is looking forward to this weekend but I want to comment on last weekend.

I participated in the WNY Fiber Arts Festival at Emery Park in Wales, NY.  I've sold my products, Wild Mountain Organics, for several years at this show.  It is one day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and it is usually a glorious day.  This past Saturday was no exception.  Temperatures were in the 70s and it was nice and sunny.  A great start to autumn.

I don't spin, weave, knit, or crochet but I do love to look at the wools and other crafty fiber materials that folks use to make wonderful creations.  I also love to look at the animals.  Last year I was situated next to the llamas.  They hum, did you know that?  And it's quite hypnotic.  My job is stressful much of the time and it's nice to do low key shows like this to relax as much as to have conversations with customers.  The humming nearly put me to sleep last year in a good way.

This year it was nice to have a steady crowd with an interest in the products and great questions.  I also met some folks I might end up collaborating with in the future so stay tuned.

There was a llama (or an alpaca - I'm not savvy enough to tell them apart, physically) pulling a little cart. I want a llama and a cart!  I have heard that llamas are incredibly intelligent and incredibly loyal. [They can also be quite mean if they need to be and will defend the homestead against intruders like coyotes, fox, bad people.]  I figure I can go out on the town and get completely wasted and have the llama cart my happy ass home.  They will know the way.  Is it DWI if your llama is sober but the rider is not?  I will have to check on that one.






This next comment has nothing to do with llamas or fiber.  I was looking at the Kohl's ad this past Sunday and noticed this picture.  I love dogs.  You don't often see them in ads for baby onesies and shirts, but here we are.  I am not familiar with babies and all things babies.  Is the Carter's mascot a bulldog?  I do not know.  What struck me was the dog and the little dude next to him.  Tell me they don't have the same expression on their faces?  It reads:  "Hey, where's my kibble?"  or "Hey, where's my pureed peaches?"  Just an observation.


No comments: