Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I Love Irony!

My sister and I recently exhibited at the Southern Women's Show in Charlotte. It turned out to be a pretty good show. We got many leads and enthusiastic response to our products. We will also be at the Southern Christmas Show in November. A long show that promises to be .... long.

The Southern Women's Show offered opportunities for women to pamper themselves. They also offered seminars and such. Some things we found quite entertaining - as we have listed below.

On one stage, the announcer on the overhead speaker system told of a talk by a physician about childhood obesity and what can be done to help and to prevent it. While in the same announcement, the speaker told us about a seminar on the food stage - How to Bake with your children. Hmmm. Childhood obesity - how to prevent it or How to bake with my child? I don't see a problem with this. Your kid is a fat bastard, bake with him or her. Nothing makes it all better like a cookie or cake. My sister and I laughed about this for a good hour. Hey - it was slow.

The number of alleged all natural products. We had one woman come to our table excited because our products truly are all natural. She looked at the ingredients and spoke with us. She told us that she was at another booth claiming to be all natural when they listed chemical preservatives in their products. She complained, to which the cute dolly said, "well, you need some preservatives." As a side note - we have heard this time and again. You must have some preservative. In truth - all body care products are going to be exposed to bacteria the minute you open the lid or the minute you stick your finger in. No amount of preservatives is going to prevent that. Most products, in fact, recommend that you only keep them for 6 months. We tout the same thing - and have no chemicals whatsoever (including preservatives and scents).

The scents were another issue. Don't claim to have natural products if you use synthetic scents. Anyone who has smelled a product with an essential oil can immediately tell the difference between natural and synthetic. The difference is that dramatic. I also love that people prefer the synthetic. Get your nose away from our products!

People constantly surprised us. We had more people looking for free stuff than anything! Come on, do we look big enough to have free stuff? We are a small company run by my sister and me. We don't have free samples. Try anything you like on our table. Free samples aren't going to help much.

I also have issue with my sister. She is this petite little thing. She is also 9 months pregnant. She looks awesome! I would not look nearly as pretty and perfect if I was pregnant. Hell, I don't look like that not-pregnant. I told her that.

She also had a complaint. "If one more person comes up and asks me when I'm due, or what the baby is, or anything like that, I am going to kill them." Harsh words. But understandable since everyone made a comment. EVERYONE! I was starting to get annoyed. At one point I wanted to respond to those asking "what are you having" with "a baby, you moron". Pam is much too nice. She said "a boy". Having never been pregnant, I don't know any of the feelings. I just imagine that I won't be doing shows because I will be the pregnant lady with Tourette's syndrome. It won't be pretty.

If you want to be pretty - take a look at Wild Mountain Organics' website. We have some new products and new opportunities. Check it out today!

18 comments:

jon said...

Looking for portable air conditioning info I found your post. I agree!

jon said...

While searching for new air conditioner info for my house I stumbled onto your blog. I totally agree!

Paul

mac said...

Just passing thru and I think you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to put you in my favorites!

I have a affiliate marketing multilevel program site/blog. It pretty much covers affiliate marketing multilevel programrelated stuff.

Come and check it out when you have the time and keep up the great work on your site :-)

Kingypoo said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

bga-7EE6DE said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about dueling banjo download. You can check it out at dueling banjo download

acoach2 said...

I just came across your blog about dog training and
wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed
I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site about dog training
so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

startonline said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! Keep up the great work, and I'll be sure to visit regularly.

I have a online bachelor degree program related site, check it out if you get some time!

Look forward to reading more of your insightful post!

性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.激情

Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

lucymartin23230906 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

Dale said...

Hi there! While out blog surfing today for specific info on cellulite l oreal, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about cellulite l oreal.

Long Island Guide said...

Hi PWH,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

The essential qualities of a successful marriage.
The most crucial component in a relationship.
How to give support properly to your spouse.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including Long Island Photographers at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

Long Island Guide said...

Hi PWH,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

An important factor that can make a great impact on your relationship.
Why respect is as important as love in a relationship.
How to handle conflicts properly.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including weddings long island at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

Sam said...

Your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on cellulite livres I somehow ended up on your page. As your site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about cellulite livres, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

darrelerickson13402822 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

Long Island Guide said...

Hi PWH,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

How to define yourself to your spouse more clearly.
How to rekindle the flame.
How to heighten your closeness to each other.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including halls on long island at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

D.C. Bowns said...

Your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on cellulite l oreal I somehow ended up on your page. As your site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about cellulite l oreal, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

David said...

Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on cellulite in minutes when I found your page. Should you ever need information on cellulite in minutes then drop by the site above and check it out.