Thursday, March 23, 2006

March - Lion or Lamb?

I was driving into work last week with snow flying about. I thought to myself, I thought March was supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb? What the hell kind of lamb is this? A rabid lamb - if there is such a thing? A bastard lamb? A lamb visited by the dude in my post about poop patrol? What gives?

I normally love snow and the cold. I do prefer our summers to not be 100 degrees with 100% humidity, but snow when we are approaching April? Please - give us a break! So perhaps we have had milder winters than normal which sets us up for a Mother's Day snowstorm. Perhaps the winter hasn't been as cold as it could have been. So what? I need something to bitch about.

Which brings me to this. What on earth does one have to do to get impeached?

As many of you know, I recently returned from St. Bernard Parish on a mission of hurricane relief. I have also been reading more and more about the gulf coast ravaged by the storm likely because hurricane season starts dangerously soon. I often find myself thinking about the events leading up the storm and my recollection of events immediately after the storm.

I read an article in the New York Times a week or so ago about President Roh Moo Hyun of South Korea forcing his Prime Minister Lee hae Chan to resign when he decided to go on a golf outing the day of a major railway strike/walkout. That was considered poor form and inappropriate. I guess he did this before when there was a major crisis.

What were our leaders doing during a crisis that could arguably be larger than a labor strike/walkout? G.W. was vacationing at his ranch. Then didn't he speak at a fundraising dinner? Wasn't Condoleza shoe shopping in NYC? God knows what Dick Cheney was doing - hunting?

That might be considered an impeachable offense in and of itself. Certainly in light of recent reports of previous knowledge of the devastion that was to occur.

That's a domestic issue. What about foreign policy issues? Why are we at war? I heard commentary yesterday after G.W. spoke wherever it is he speaks. Helen Thomas had asked him a question about why he decided to go to war since all the reasons originally given have since turned out to be bullshit. She mentioned the alleged reasons and asked why war? His answer wasn't really an answer as is typical. To paraphrase, Let me set this straight, no president wants to go to war. No president likes war.

Um. I don't like conflict either - that's why I study it. If I have an issue with someone, you can bet your damn ass that I am going to get as much ACCURATE information as I can before I decide to start fighting. Particularly if I am going to affect the balance of power in the world. My fights are generally not that serious, but I still gather as much ACCURATE information as I can. I know I stressed ACCURATE a couple times, but it seems that it bears repeating!

Neglecting and forgetting about an entire population of people on the gulf cost worries me, especially since, as I mentioned, hurricane season is not far off. Some of these communities are no where near ready to be inhabited let alone stand up to another hurricane, even a minor one.

I cannot say anything more about Iraq. I am just frustrated beyond measure with this administration. I can only think about what a job the next president has. This guy/gal is screwed no matter what. It will take years - YEARS - to repair the damage caused by this guy and his evil-doers.

And what the hell is up with that word? Evil-doers? Come on.

No comments: