Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yoga

Boy, did yoga feel good today!

I tried a new mat.  The mat was woven by a group of folks in India.  It is sustainably produced and is fair trade.  I don't know if I like the mat.  It leaves marks on my hands that stay for some time.  Not fun, nor pretty.

I tried my hand at the ham, cheese, asparagus, broccoli strata.  Delicious.  It came from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  The same cookbook that gave me the meatloaf recipe.  Damn good.  Actually, I think I have just tried one recipe from this cookbook that was only okay.  Everything else has been stellar.

If I were to make this again, I would make it for a brunch.  The egg mixture soaking into the English muffin makes it seem more appropriate for breakfast or brunch.  My husband told me that I have to add more ham but that I also have to cut the ham into smaller pieces.  I will remember to do that.  The combo of gruyere and swiss cheeses make this rich but not too heavy.

Good choice.

No comments: