Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ah, the heat

I hate the heat.  Truly hate the heat.  Everyone in Buffalo always says, "yes, but you won't be complaining when it's snowing outside and the temperatures are freezing."

I don't tend to complain in the winter.  I love the snow.  I love the cold.  I can always put more clothes on.  Once I am naked and still sweating my nipples off, that's about it.

My garden needs to be weeded again.  The poor onions are losing ground to the weeds.  It is much to hot and humid to leave my air conditioned bedroom.  Poor onions.

I will say that I am truly enjoying my salad greens.  I think lettuce is the best veggie ever.  And it keeps coming back!  My only complaint is that it doesn't freeze.  Damn!  I would love wonderful greens all year long.  I could plant some in an indoor planter, I suppose.  Then I would be the envy of my neighbors and friends.

Last week I picked black raspberries with a friend.  He and his wife have a bumper crop and don't want them.  We made jam.  Yummy!  They also have a hoard of blackberry bushes ripening.  I told him that I wanted to come back when they are ripe.  Jamie and I can pick to our hearts' content.

No comments: