Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wee, Wee, Wee, All the Way home

After our outside painting project this summer, 'wee' has emerged as my new favorite word.  After visiting Ireland this past spring break, I've realize that it is used by everyone - young, old, man woman, children, pets (maybe not pets).  In fact, the word is used in the names of things.  Examples:

Wee Cottage.  I love it!

A close up, in case you didn't catch the picture above.

We didn't get to go in.  I took this picture from the bus.

This has nothing to do with "wee," but Belfast, Ireland is where the Titanic was built.  They are quite proud of that.  This is a Thai restaurant.  I didn't get to eat here because it wasn't open, but I got the picture.  Damn clever wee folks.  (I don't know if they are wee folks.  It just sounded good.)
My husband still won't use the word. It's not manly enough, I don't think.

No comments: