Monday, December 29, 2014

Leftovers

I love leftovers.  Jamie, not so much.  I love to challenge myself with what to do with leftovers.  We made a wonderful pork tenderloin for our day after Christmas dinner.  We have plenty of pork leftover and had plenty of roasted veggies.  I thought I'd make a stew.  I tossed the leftover turkey broth which we made and froze a year or so ago with a leftover turkey carcass from some dinner.  Then I added the cut up pork loin, the roasted veggies and a can of diced tomatoes.  I also tossed in some rosemary, oregano, basil, thyme and a couple of bay leaves.

Holy hell!  That was the best stew we've ever made in the crock pot!  I told Jamie we need to remember what the hell we did and do that exactly.  Of course, that won't be possible given that we just tossed it all together from leftovers.  Heck, I don't know if I remember what spices we put on the pork loin and roasted veggies to get that taste!

But we will try.....

It is just as delicious the next day!

No comments: